Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Giving Up...In a Good Way

To my little "teacher":
This month you are half a year old... I still have a difficult time wrapping my brain around this fact, it can't really be possible can it? Every day your daddy and I fall more in love with you...even on the days when you have taught me the most....

This month we hit a bit of an impasse when it came to you sleeping. Up until now you have pretty much only been willing to nap in my arms, but I decided it was time that you "learn" to nap in your crib...we have had a wee bit of a difference of opinion.  You have taught me once again to trust my mommy instincts and to trust you in a new way. Just because "they" say that you have to nap a certain way and at certain times, it doesn't quite mean that that is the way you will do it...and so we have figured out what works best for us.

I fully know that there are some who would say that giving up the fight is wrong and there will be a price to pay in the future for it, but I will let them say what they might...and I'm ok with that.  You have taught me that sometimes it's not worth the fight... I am learning already to pick my battles with your sweet but determined little personality.

While I find great solace in routine, you don't quite always share that same love :) and I am learning to be flexible and to be ok with that.  You always make up any lost sleep from the day before and in the meantime you are one of the happiest little people I have ever known.  Our home has been much more peaceful since I stopped fighting...that peace is so much more valuable that following the "rules".

Little One, you are loved more than should be humanly possible, right from the top of your head (that is now getting a little more hair!) to the bottom of your sweet little feet and all your wonderful rolls in between :)

With all my love,
Your Momma


No comments:

Post a Comment