Thursday, January 27, 2011

A Deliberate Attempt...

Last week I stumbled on a blog that was incredibly inspiring... (elise joy) and I think if I lived in California we could be friends! lol!  She's very creative and her blog conveys an overwhelming feeling of joy just for every day living... I'd like to be like that...

In one of her older posts she announced that she was going to be closing her "card a day" blog.  For nearly a year, she took a playing card and created a fun and funky design on the front side of it... sort of a journey through a year of her life.  I admire the commitment it would take to do this every single day, and I'll admit that although that would be uber cool to do, the reality is that I would make myself crazy if I even tried.  But the "ah ha!" thought that came as I finished reading that blog entry was this: what if I tried to make a card a week?  Most weeks that would be totally doable for me...I'm gonna give it a try.  No pressure, just a little more of a deliberate effort to be intentionally creative... so here's the first - a card to send along with a baby gift... it's a little "simple" for my usual tastes but I think it's rather cute... and it matches the color scheme of the gift too (you are free to roll your eyes here!)


4 comments: