Friday, January 28, 2011

A Record of the Journey...

There are many days when I feel I communicate so much more effectively through written means... when I write, I feel like I can communicate eloquently, I can go back and edit, "tweak" that sentence or that word to make it all flow... when I write, I have the time to process my thoughts and feelings instead of blurting out the first thing that comes to mind or being silent and saying nothing at all for fear of saying the wrong thing...

I have found that over the past many years journaling has been a great outlet for me.  My journals are full of more than just the details of the day, but rather the processing of my heart and mind, prayers, quotes, thoughts on what I've been reading, song lyrics that just grabbed my heart that day... Over the past year I have journaled very little.  It seemed like life just got in the way and I haven't made time for it the way I used to...

Add this to the list of things I want to be different in 2011...

Last Friday I spent the day home sick and when Justin left for a hockey game that evening I thought it best to just stay put rather than sit in a chilly rink for the evening.  I pulled out the "current" journal and read back through many of the entries. I started that particular book I think two and a half years ago and well a lot of life has happened since then!  I had an empty journal waiting on my bookshelf, so in an effort to start new and fresh, I grabbed that journal and decided to make it "me"... this is what I came up with :)  I love it!

 It was nice to be able to just use materials from my stash!
I really like the way the "Top Note" die cut and the cork worked great for this project!
 I thought the inside needed a little something too!
 A new monogram (well new for this journal lol!) and one of my favorite verses: "a season of singing has come..."
I believe that in this year especially, anything is possible...

1 comment: