Monday, September 12, 2011

"Isn't She Lovely...Isn't She Wonderful..."

I think I have the most amazing friends... ever...seriously....
I have been blessed with the gift of being able to share my journey with some amazing women, and Toby is definitely one of those...

Toby and I met 11 or 12 years ago at church in Moose Jaw.  I think my first memory of us ever hanging out was the evening I spent visiting with her shortly before I left for China.  She faithfully kept tabs on me while I was gone getting regular updates from my mom.  I don't really even remember when our friendship switched from just being acquaintances to something much deeper...it was one of those friendships that just naturally developed and today I can't imagine my life without her.  Together with her husband Keely and their amazing kiddos, they have been so much more than friends - they are the family I got to choose :)  I have often told them that when we have kids, I want parenting lessons from them!

When I agreed to shoot a wedding in Regina (where Toby happens to live!) earlier this summer, she excitedly offered to give me a hand.  She made my job so much easier by scouting out some awesome locations, so the day before the "I do's" we went back to each locale to be able to narrow down our list and ended up with a min photo shoot :)  Her youngest Noelle tagged along with us and kept us giggling!

Toby, thank you for all you are... words cannot express how grateful I am for your friendship... you inspire me...here's to all the adventure that lays ahead as friends :)





I couldn't resist sneaking in a shot with this little cutie too ;)




I think this was my fave shot of my dear friend :)

2 comments:

  1. Wow! That is quite a tribute! Thanks for your beautiful words, my dear - you have me in puddles... I love your comment "they are the family I got to choose". So true - both ways!

    Love the photos! I will definetly be stealing these for professional AND personal use. You captured little miss N so well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll make sure you get a disc with the full resolution :)
    You are so welcome... you guys make such darm cute kids that are so easy to photograph! Love you!

    ReplyDelete