Wednesday, September 7, 2011

A Slacker... and Another Quilt

Oi... it has been far too long since I've posted anything here... I've thought about it quite often, although unfortunately it was only in passing, and I just never got around to writing.

Well there is no time like the present :)

The time has come to catch up and get back on the blogging wagon.  We've had a pretty full summer, even though we tried to keep things pretty simple. We are home from the World Police and Fire Games and our holiday in NYC (which proved to be more adventure than we bargained for as we became acquainted with Irene lol! - I'll share that story soon!) and I am so ready to find some kind of routine!  Hockey season is in full swing in our household and that will definitely keep me well organized...

But today I'd like to share a very special quilt that I created this summer!

Back in April I decided that I wanted to make my dad a quilt for his birthday/Father's Day.  My sister and I picked out the material (as it was to be a gift from both of us) and I couldn't wait for it to arrive!  We had chosen several flannel prints that were much more "masculine" than many fabrics I've seen locally.  The one thing that really grabbed me was that many of these fabrics had a "tweed" look to them.  My dad can be a pretty snappy dresser ;) and there were a few of the brown pieces that looked just like a few of the tweed sport coats my dad has hanging in his closet!  I knew right away, this fabic was made just for him!

I did well - he got to see the fabric on Father's Day... however he had to wait till August to actually see it all put together :)  Better late than never right, lol!?

Here is the final product...we hope you enjoy your quilt Dad and that even though we don't live close enough to you to give you a hug as often as we'd like, we hope this reminds you of how much we love you...

The main part of the quilt all sewn together...

All finished and ready for the binding!

All done! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment