Friday, February 4, 2011

Therapy...

After what I think was the single most rotten day of work in the past three years, I definitely needed an evening to just relax and do something that makes me smile.  So I pulled out my sewing machine and proceeded to indulge in some quilting therapy.

I'm very excited about this quilt for a few reasons:
1 - It's the first time I've used cotton for the front instead of flannel.  I absolutely love this fabric and so far so good!
2 - This is the first quilt that I've been commissioned to make!  It was fun to work through the process of finding patterns and colors that she liked and even more fun that it's actually coming together!  The option of selling my work is one I am looking forward to exploring!

This past Saturday, when I couldn't sleep late I left my hubby in dreamland and I began the mission of cutting all the pieces for this quilt.  And then last night I started actually putting it all together...  Here's a sneak peak of the fabric and the first square.  I can't wait to see the finished product! :)

Needless to say by the time I went to bed, me and my sewing machine had had a wonderful double date with Grey's Anatomy and The Big Bang Theory... and I went to bed with a smile!

4 comments:

  1. I love the fabric! Can't wait to see the finished project! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Cassie! I noticed the quilt you made for Adalie, it's so cute! Did you machine quilt it or hand quilt it to the backing?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Quite the therapy method. I love the colours! I hope you post photos when it's done. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Teaka! For sure, you may have to put up with the whole journey not just the beginning and end lol! :)

    ReplyDelete