Monday, March 7, 2011

Blissful...

Yesterday afternoon turned out to be a wonderful "play" day for me... the more I look at them, work with them and play with different combinations, the more I love fabric.  With a bottomless wallet, I could very easily become a fabric junkie... the combinations are endless and there are SO many amazing prints out there :)  But I digress...

Several months ago I had purchased a fat quarter bundle with fabrics from the Moda Fabrics line "Bliss" by Bonnie & Camille.  I love the retro look of this fabric and while I'm not normally a pink and red kind of girl, there is something about the combination of the colors in these fabrics that really grabbed my attention.  I had cut the fat quarters into 8x8 inch squares and they have been sitting in my closet waiting for a free afternoon like yesterday.  As I looked at the layout I had previously created for this fabric, it just wasn't grabbing my attention. Late last week I stumbled on this site that had several free Amy Butler quilt/project patterns (click here to see these fabulous patterns!) and her Lotus Brick Path Quilt caught my attention.  With my squares already cut I had to make a few adjustments to the pattern but I think it's going to look great!  I am a very visual creator, I have to see the project laid out before I start sewing and this quilt was no exception!  Here's a sneak peak of what I'm planning to work on next :)

When finished, the top and bottom will be trimmed straight
Our pooch decided this was a great place to relax and watch the Brier with me!
"You want me to move?  Seriously?"
Look at those eyes and eyelashes... lol what a cutie... she just made me smile!



No comments:

Post a Comment