Thursday, March 10, 2011

Paying it Forward...

I'm a bit of a Google junkie if the truth be told... spending significant amounts of time finding just what I am looking for, well I'm ok with that!

In the past week I've stumbled across a couple of links to great pattern sites:


Amy Butler Design
I read in one article that Amy Butler has transformed the quilting industry with her "vintage modern" fabric designs...
Her fabric is amazing and I can't wait till I get to work on a piece using her fabric! If you want fabric that is totally different than what you'll find in your traditional fabric store, googling Amy Butler is a must.   This site has a number of her patterns all as free printable PDFs.



Moda Bake Shop
This might just be my new fave blog site!  They've put a little twist on traditional patterns: patterns are "recipes", the designers are "chefs", all their products are in the "bakery"... and in addition to amazing quilt patterns, they also have patterns for tons of other items!  Each project can be viewed online or as a printer friendly version.

My friends have been so generous in allowing me to pick their brains for their tips and hints, I thought I'd pass along a few of mine!  Enjoy :)

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE Amy Butler! I made Adalie a quilt when she graduated to a "big girl bed" with Amy Butler fabric!! She has very fun fabric!! Thanks for sharing these!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Moda bake shop is AMAZING! I remember looking at their fabric before I learned how to sew, thinking "I wish." Now you've reminded me of them, I've got to re-check them out. :)

    ReplyDelete