Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Journeying Together...

I'm kinda pilfering this from Stacy's post last week... but her post got my brain rolling... and too many memories flooded back to not blog about it :)

My journey with Stacy began when we were probably about 6 or so.  She and her family would come to Swift Current to visit my other friend Autumn every now and then.  My nose was alway out of joint those weekends because it meant that Autumn hung out with Stacy at church and wasn't my "friend"... at that point, I wasn't quite sure what to make of this red haired girl...

Fast forward a few years.  We were 9 and landed at the same summer camp. We were the youngest girls in our age division and we ended up bunking together that week... and my life was never the same :)  From that week on we were pen pals, occasionally talked on the phone, and I would usually go to her house for a week in the summer.  We played a lot of Tetris in those days and solitare on her computer!  We'd read books together (yes we would read the same book at the same time) and listen to Amy Grant & Sandy Patti.

Over the years we have shared the "cleanest cabin" award at camp (several times in fact), many sleepovers and late night chats... we have celebrated the major milestones of our lives together, shared many many hours of heart to hearts, the tears of loss and heartbreak and celebrated the joys that made us giggle like little girls.  When I felt God calling me to go to China, she was the one who looked at me with tears in her eyes one night and said, "You'll go Am... I don't know when, but I know you're going to go."  And a year and a half later I did...she was at the airport as part of my family to say goodbye and there to welcome me home 16 months later.  When Justin asked me to marry him, even though she was travelling with the African Children's Choir, she was one of the first people I called... and 6 months later she was there standing beside me as I said forever to my love....

Life has taken us in pretty different directions in the past few years but, more than 20 years later, we are still close and I still can't imagine my life without her...Stac, you have filled my journey with so much laugher and amazing memories... here's to the next 20 years of friendship :)

We went to hang out with Faith and Tim... such a fun concert!

Christmas Eve at my parent's aka Stacy's 2nd home
Ringing in the New Year at Stacy's 



Our entire photo shoot was taken with a camera timer on a music stand... yes we're nerds but the photos turned out great!


2 comments: