Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Funny how that happens...



Several weeks ago I was reading a blog I follow very closely, and she shared how she felt challenged to just write... not always having a "grand" blog to post, but to just write...write about the little things, about what she was thinking, about what happened that afternoon.  It got me thinking...

I was looking back through some of my past blog posts yesterday and realized that in the last few months I haven't written very much at all because I didn't think I had "enough" to post.  I love to have photos to go along with my writing (or have photos be the focus of a post) but on the days when I don't get photos edited fast enough, my blog stays silent.  And I think this needs to change.

Starting with today :)

I was thinking last night as I fell asleep how interesting it is that life comes full circle at times.  I didn't grow up with hockey as part of my life, yet hockey played a part in how I came to be lol!  My parents met at a hockey game, a Medicine Hat Tigers hockey game actually.  My mom was actually there with someone else, but a friend of my dad's kept telling him "There is this girl you just have to meet!"  The first time they laid eyes on each other was at a Tigers game... and needless to say the other guy didn't stick around long after that... Dad got the girl and the rest is history :)

Fast forward 30+ years and now me, their daughter, and my husband are regulars at the Tigers games, and hockey is very much a part of our lives.  As I've mentioned before, we are billeting one of the Tiger players this year, Patrik.  We were very excited and proud of him last night as he scored his first goal of the season and was awarded the first star of the game!

Yesterday we watched the game with Justin's dad and laughed and smiled as an adorable toddler entertained our small section.  Justin spent many years as a kid going to the Tigers games with his dad, and someday when we are blessed with kids of our own I'm quite confident that a third generation of Esau's/Scott's will be cheering on the black and orange...

Here's the clip of Patrik being announced as the first star of the game

No comments:

Post a Comment