Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Making it our own...

We began dreaming about our basement even before we moved into our house.  We had the gift of a blank slate and we couldn't wait to make the space our own.  Justin has worked incredibly hard to make our dreams a reality... we aren't quite finished yet but we are getting very close!

Here's a peek at my husband's hard work! (these shots were taken before we left on holidays at the end of August so a few things have changed)

Looking down the hallway...bathroom is the open door on the right, one of the two basement bedrooms is at the end of the hall... Justin has the hallway now almost ready for paint!

We joke that we if we could build this shower together, our marriage can withstand anything hahaha!  There were a few tense moments.... ;)

This is now Patrik's room... we've since had blinds installed in his window, and eventually we'll install closet doors and trim...

The laundry room... I am a strange duck, I actually love our laundry room lol!  Justin built these pedestals for me as a surprise one day this summer.  They are the perfect height - still low enough that I can utilize the space on top of the machines but high enough that I don't have to bend over to put in a load and so my baskets fit nicely underneath.  The lip in front of the machines as well is just enough to set a basket on when putting a load in or taking one out.  I think one of my winter projects will be to paint them white to match the other pieces in the room... 
 We were very blessed to be given a bigger deep freeze this summer... it sure has come in handy!
 This table is my craft space... I still need to set up all my scrapbooking/card making goodies, but that will come in time lol!  We also plan to add some additional shelving to this side of the room & corner to give me some more storage space....(blinds have also been hung in this window as well)
Only one complete room left to drywall...that's what the winter is for right? :)

(I realized that there aren't any pictures of Justin's amazing man cave/theatre room... I'll post some pics of that masterpiece at another date!)

4 comments:

  1. That's got to feel so great to have your basement looking so good! So many basements remain unfinished for year and years.
    Really looks lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks great, Amber and Justin! Isn't it a great feeling to know you've done it yourselves!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Teaka...It's been fun to be able to make the space "us"! The deal was when we moved in that I got an amazing kitchen that I LOVE so we would first finish Justin's man cave and then work on the rest of the basement... we are very blessed and grateful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Andrea, no kidding! :) It's quite the feeling to stand in a room and know that your hard work (Justin's lol!) took it from cement floor and 2x4s to a fully functional painted room that we have made "home"!

    ReplyDelete