Thursday, October 27, 2011

I Could Make That :: Braided Scarf

Several weeks ago I got a text from my sister early in the work day:
Mo: Have you seen Teaka's blog today?
Me: Ya I have, isn't that a great idea? They'd be so easy to make!
Mo: Great! Cause I'd like one for my birthday please :)

Well that makes shopping for her gift uber easy! lol...

Our friend Teaka had posted a tutorial on her blog Life Like Honey of how to make a Jersey Braided Scarf.  As I read through her instructions I thought, this looks easy enough that even I could make this... and so I did!  Two of them in fact and they turned out great, my sister loves them!  (I would like to steal them back...but I've been told to keep my paws off!...maybe I'll just make ones of my own lol!)

So this got me thinking... I've seen several scarf tutorials on Pinterest that look relatively easy... and well, I'm kinda cheap when it comes to buying scarves - I love them, but not often loving their price tag... so I thought, well lets give this another try...

I found a tutorial for a Braided Scarf that could be made from large tshirts, and apparently a "pattern" that would create a replica of a much more expensive scarf from Anthropology!  So Tuesday after work I stopped at Value Village, found a couple of very large men's tshirts and headed home to start creating.

And today, I'm wearing it :) (please forgive the poor iPhone photos... I was the only one awake in our house at 7:30 this morning!)


Happy Thursday! :)

3 comments:

  1. Love it! You did an awesome job! I am thinking I may have to try this one too :) I am sure I have it pinned on pinterest lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Cassie! It was so easy, now I'm definitely feeling inspired to try the other scarves I've got pinned!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like that version on that scarf too!!! Looks awesome! :D I never thought of using actua t-shirt material!

    ReplyDelete