Monday, April 4, 2011

This Time Last Year...

This morning I flipped my calendar to April... yes I know today is already the 4th but I wasn't in the office Thursday and Friday last week :)  As I pinned it back on the wall the thought went through my mind: kid,  remember what you were doing this time last year?  

Exactly one year ago today I was only 13 days away from walking down the isle in a totally killer dress having eyes only for the man standing at the end of that isle...and before God, our family and friends we would  promise each other forever...

It was an incredible season of our lives...there are aspects of that busy season I would be ok to re-live: designing and creating our invites & programs, seeing our custom made Jones aka Scott Soda labels come to life (still might be one single design I am most proud of), creating our bouquets with Treva (I still absolutely LOVE my bouquet every time I look at it), seeing our UNBELIEVABLE cake created by Dwight and Treva for the first time... so many amazing memories...  there are also the stressful aspects that I am glad are behind us: trying to balance a full time job, being the manager of our hockey team (Justin was coaching the team) and plan a wedding - it made for some crazy moments... but we came out the other side smiling and still loving each other lol!

Oh and who could forget... this time last year Justin wasn't even walking on his own!  He blew his knee out at the last hockey practice and the doctors didn't give us much hope that he'd even walk down the isle on his own... thankfully God is bigger than all of that and when you combine a whole lot of prayers from our family & friends and one very determined man, you have a recipe for a miracle... we watched as God allowed my husband to walk down the isle totally on his own, no brace, no crutches... God is seriously amazing...

And now here we are nearly one year later... and what am I doing today?
Well I'm taking a little trip to Calgary to pick up a lovely document called a passport lol!  It's a long story, but we leave for Vegas on Saturday, yes I know that's cutting it rather close (that's what Justin thinks too lol!) but like I told him, it's all good!  Hahahaha!  Yes it should have been done a very long time ago, but what is important is that it is ready and waiting for me and by the end of today I will have a passport in hand and be one step closer to the Vegas sunshine...Feel free to roll your eyes :)


No comments:

Post a Comment