Wednesday, June 29, 2011

This Morning I Smile Because...

This morning I am smiling because:

...the sun is shining - for the second day in a row :)  Our weather has been all over the place and I am loving the sunshine and the heat from the past few days... I love heat...

...I had a lovely little chat with my neighbor as I walked out the door this morning.  I love our neighborhood and I really like the fact that we know our neighbors by name and we can stand on our front steps and say good morning every now and then...

...I got to kiss my husband goodbye as he headed out the door for work....this is something we make a priority to do every morning, even if one of us is still in bed when the other is leaving for work... I read somewhere that men who kiss their wives before heading off to work are generally happier people and they live longer...sounds good to me :)

...I tried to make cake pops last night...and well I sorta chuckled when I saw them in the fridge this morning... I think I did something wrong - I may just try one at Starbucks tonight and compare the cake texture of mine to theirs... oh well, maybe I should just stay with making them out of rice krispie treats lol!

...Stacy is coming to visit this weekend!  This is the first time she will be here since Justin and I have been married and the first time staying in our new house {not new but... well you get it :) }  She's popped by for the 3 minute tour but hasn't been able to stay for an extended visit.  I'm excited to have some good girl time :)

Cheers! :)

3 comments:

  1. Last night myself and two other friends made almost 300 cake pops. We've got the method down by heart now. Haha! They are easy but they take a lot of time. We had to crumble and mix the frosting together in the mix and roll them into balls one night. A few nights later we did the dipping, and decorating and freezing. It's a lot more when when you're with people.
    I hope your cake pops turn out and you're pleased with them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like we need to chat! I used a cake recipe from the Wilton site and then added the icing just like they said but it was almost like my cake lost it's "cakey" texture and was almost like raw dough... is that how they are supposed to be? How did you decorate yours? I'm not overly hopeful for this batch lol! I definitely need to pick your brain on this one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Actually yeah, the texture is a bit doughy because of the mushing together of the icing and the cake but that's how they all seem to be. We also just decorated them by dipping them in melted white chocolate, and sprinkled them with a variety of things including, gold and clear sparkles, gold dust, coconut, shaved almonds and white round sprinkle balls. There's so many ways you can go all out with them but we just went pretty basic.
    Hope that helps some. :)

    ReplyDelete