Monday, July 4, 2011

"Do You Remember Dave?"

I often chuckle to myself when I hear a bell ring, you know the little bells that are sometimes found on a reception desk?  Someone recently added one to our front desk at work - although not particularly out of necessity but rather out of annoyance...
{side note: this bell at the shop is never rung just once... after the 4th "ding" I cease to chuckle...}
As I chuckle, my mind wanders back to my days working in the office at International Bible College...I made some amazing memories there... I was the Administrative Assistant to the President...a great job with amazing colleagues...and yes, we had a bell at the front desk.  On many occasions a student would walk by and ring the bell just to get a reaction out of us.

Our Office Manager, Michele, and I one year concocted a tale at registration for those who dared to ring the bell...

{student rings bell and awaits our reaction}
Michele {to student}: Have you ever met Dave?
Student: Dave?  No I don't think so... there's not a student here named Dave.
Amber {joining Michele from the back office}: Hmm... ya well Dave was once a student here.
Michele: Yup he was... but sadly he rang the bell one too many times and Amber and I had to take him out.
Amber: Ya, too bad for Dave... we had to have the carpets cleaned after Michele and I were finished with him...

Ok, so the tale sounds a little more twisted as I write it out here lol, but our story got a good reaction out of some of the students :)

And sometimes, if we got lucky, the bell got rung a few less times... at least for the next few days...

Michele and I... those were the days... giggle :)

1 comment:

  1. Problem is, I can completely picture you both doing this! Sounds so fun!

    ReplyDelete