Friday, July 8, 2011

I'm Checking Out...

Well I'm checking out for the weekend....no I haven't gone completely crazy and being locked up for the next two days lol!

We are making our first camping trip of the season... come to think of it, in the three years Justin and I have been together, with all of the hiking etc we have done, we have never actually just gone camping - it's always been a hiking trip with a little camping thrown in.  This time I'm not carrying 30lbs of minimal weight in my back pack.  This time I get to plan a real menu that extends beyond itchyban & Sidekicks :)  So needless to say we are excited!  Justin will spend part of the weekend fishing and I will spend it either on the beach (if there is a beach where we are going?  I've never been there lol!) or at our campsite in the sun with a book.  No cell service apparently where we will be so it will definitely feel like I've checked out of life for a few days!  But I think we both need it.  We aren't taking holidays until the end of August this year, so a relaxing weekend getaway like this is just what we need to settle our itchy feet for at least a few more weeks :)  I plan to come home on Sunday with a sun glow (instead of the blinding whiteness my skin currently is) smelling of campfire, feeling relaxed and rejuvenated....see y'all on Monday!

For the first time, our boots didn't even make the list!
I'm opting for flip flops instead :)
The only thing the JetBoil will do this trip is boil our water, we get to cook for real this time!

No comments:

Post a Comment