Monday, February 14, 2011

14 Random Things I Love About My Husband... on the 14th

This is the first Valentine's day I'm sharing with my husband... But if the truth be told, he is the only "Valentine" I've ever had. We shared our first Feb 14 two years ago and I was so over the top excited cause it was the very first time I had someone special to share the day with... I used to joke the I'd marry the guy I shared my first Valentine's day with... Little did I know that would become my wonderful reality :)

So in honor of the day, and because everyone knows I'm a little cheesy anyway, here's a few of the many things I love about my husband...

1. He has brought out an adventuresome side of me that had previously always lurked in the shadows...he encourages me to try the "different" and go beyond the confines of my "box".

2. He is a great provider for us... he works very hard and I greatly appreciate this fact

3. He likes my cooking and baking

4. He loves me unconditionally

5. He can read me better than anyone... I can't hide from him, he know exactly when something isn't right

6. He gives the most amazing hugs...my absolute favorite place in the whole world is standing anywhere with his arms around me...

7. His willingness to communicate with me... even on a bad day

8. He is a fabulous driver...I'm glad that I don't worry about anything on the road when he is behind the wheel... and that he does pretty much all the driving... I'm quite content to be a passenger :)

9. He wrestles with me... I always loose - badly - but he lets me pretend that I am winning before he puts me in a hold I can not escape from....

10. He encourages me to dream and peruse those dreams... and he encourages us to dream... together...

11. He has fostered an environment for us to enjoy each other's interests... he likes it when I am in the stands as he's coaching a hockey game (and actually pays attention if I spend a whole period texting lol!) and I like how he smiles at me when I'm proudly showing him something I've created

12. He openly talks about the family that we are believing God for one day...I'm grateful that he is anticipating that season of our lives with joy and excitement.

13. He gives the best cards...He knows that for the special days (birthdays, anniversaries) a "mushy card" means a ton to me and he always finds the best ones that totally make my day...

14. He makes me laugh... He has helped me to see a lighter side of life and reminds me to not take things quite so seriously...other people in my life notice this too, and appreciate him for it

I love you babe... today...and forever and always...

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful list.
    Hope you two have a romantic and beautiful first Valentines Days together.

    ReplyDelete