Friday, February 11, 2011

Therapy... Part 2

Contrary to last Thursday, Thursday this week was a pretty good day on all fronts... thank goodness.  I never want to repeat last Thursday... ever!  And this week my "therapy" was more of a treat rather than a stress release :)

My wonderful husband is a minor hockey coach and they had an unusual Thursday night game out of town last night.  I travel with him and the team for almost every game, but yesterday they were leaving before I got off work, so we decided that I'd just stay home this time.  So that meant that I had a whole evening home on my own... so of course I happily ignored pretty much everything that should have been done around the house and pulled out my sewing machine for a glorious evening... just me, my machine, a few stacks of fabric and of course my Thursday evening companions: Grey's and The Big Bang Theory (feel free to roll your eyes here lol!)


In my post last week I had just begun to piece this quilt.  Last night my machine just hummed along and the end result was pretty sweet!  This pattern has three long pieces of squares with a solid fabric in-between these strips.  The top left photo shows the top half of two of the three strips, and I just laid the solid fabric in-between to get a better idea of what the finished product will look like.

For now, I sew sitting on the couch with my machine on the coffee table (we do have plans for a craft room in our developing basement!) and even our pooch thought this was cozy enough to curl up beside for a little snooze :)

No comments:

Post a Comment