Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Playing Catch Up...

Last week was one of those kinda wonky weeks that I'm sure we all have once in a while.

I'm very grateful to have been pretty healthy this winter, but last week I kinda got sidelined... which meant I wasn't doing much of anything including blogging.  But after a wonderful long weekend I'm feeling back to normal and actually had a very productive weekend : )   So here begins my efforts to get back on track!

Early on the morning of January 3rd, my phone buzzed with the news that Miss Amara Joy had been born just a few hours earlier!  I was SO excited for my dear friends Dwight & Marcy and Amara's sister Gabby... their story is nothing short of miraculous... Amara made her entrance a little earlier than they had expected, but God's timing is so much better than ours and her entrance really was right on time!

I had made Miss Gabby a quilt (hers was actually my very first quilt!) this fall and knew that I wanted Amara to have one too.  I figured since I don't live close by to snuggle these amazing girls that perhaps this could be my way to snuggle them!  I found the "sweet pea" material and instantly I knew that that had to be Amara's.  I found a few other fabrics to go along with this and got to work...

I had seen this pattern online several times and I'm so glad I decided to go with it...

Happy snuggling Miss Sweet Pea!

2 comments: