Thursday, February 24, 2011

Everything Boiled Over...

This post might be a little bit uber silly but if my sister hadn't passed this info along to me, my cooking experience the other night may have turned out a little less pleasant lol!

So the other night despite my best efforts to make a lovely supper for us, everything boiled over... every pot I had on my flat top ceramic cooktop stove boiled over making a terrible mess all over the top of the stove - it seriously looked like a war zone on that thing!  But thankfully I had back up.

When we moved into our house, I was skeptical about a flat top stove.  We had one in our first home, but I constantly fought with it trying to keep it nice and clean.  However, my sister told me that the best thing on the market for cleaning a flat top is the Vileda Scrunge and it was a must have for our kitchen.  She was not kidding... this is the best way to clean a flat top stove I have ever seen.   These "scrunges" are two sided: the "rough" side is to scrub away whatever is on the stove top and the "soft" side is to polish.  There are no chemicals you have to use, just moisten the scrunge and that's all you'll need.  Once the rough side is worn down, toss it and grab a new one.  My first one lasted me for a few months.

I picked mine up at Walmart but I'm sure you can find them almost anywhere!
Cleaning likely isn't what any of us like to do, but at least if you have some good back up when you do have to do it, it makes the boiling over a little less painful! :)

1 comment: