Tuesday, May 3, 2011

The All Star - The Promised Update

Thankfully my computer decided to cooperate with me late last night and I was finally able to get at the photos of my weekend's quilting progress :)

I started out on Saturday with only three of the nine rows complete... by the end of the day, all nine were together and I was loving the way everything looked.


On Sunday morning I had some extra time before church so I once again laid it out on the floor to look a little closer... I wanted to add a little more length but 1-didn't want to add a whole row as I had planned & cut my fabric specific to this design and 2-I wanted something a little different but not too wild for a bit more length.  I experimented with a few different ideas.  First I laid out two long strips at the top and bottom to give it a little "something" but it just wasn't "it".  In the end, I used half sized squares that I was able to made from the left over scraps.  It was just what I was looking for.  It solved the problem of that little extra length but still didn't deviate too far from the overall look I was going for.


By late Sunday afternoon I was ready to work on the boarder.  I had saved one piece of fabric from this stack, had intentionally not incorporated it into the quilt just so that it would help the boarder to pop a little more... and I couldn't be happier with how it turned out!

The one thing that keeps coming back to me as I look at it altogether now, is how well all these fabrics play off each other.  It's a tad difficult to see in photos, but each fabric does a great job of showing off the other fabrics around it.

The next step is to clip just the boarder so that I can sew on the binding and then it will all be ready to clip and wash and send off to this coming All-Star!

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE it!!!! I especially like the border :)
    Great job, Amber!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW Amber!!! You have far far exceeded my expectations! That is exactly why I tried to ensure you felt comfortable to do what you do best!

    ReplyDelete