Monday, May 30, 2011

There's No Place Like Home...

Those closest to me often hear me say that I love our home and it's one of my most favorite places in the world to be.  Whether it's inside or outside in the yard, there's no other place where I feel more 'me"...

I felt like yesterday was such a gift... we've had some less than fabulous weather in the past while, so when the sun decided to shine yesterday I couldn't help but smile and feel like I was being given a gift.  I spent part of the afternoon on the deck enjoying Pinterest and my sister's company and some much needed vitamin D.

I've been just itching to use the new fire pit we were given a few weeks ago and the way the day was shaping up, it seemed like the perfect evening to try it out for the first time...so there we sat for a long time last night chatting with friends, enjoying the warmth of the fire, the yummy roasted marshmallows and smores... and in those moments, all was right with the world...We have the gift of living in a house where there are no other houses behind our back yard, just the wide expanse of a farmers field.  So as we sat there last night, facing the field, we listened to the crickets, watched the sky get darker and then stars make their appearance, and for a while I kinda forgot the rest of the world existed.

We love to camp... to sit around the fire until we can barely keep our eyes open... last night it was almost like the campground had come to our back yard... it was the closest thing to perfect I think you can get living in a city...something tells me that there will be many many hours this summer spent sitting around the fire...sigh... it doesn't get much better than this...

Not a great picture, but it sure was toasty...

2 comments:

  1. That sounds so summerishy! I can't wait for an evening around a campfire. Oooh I can smell it already. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I must confess, I'm jealous... I love campfires, but since we live in an apartment building, we never get to have them! :) Hope you enjoy yours though!!

    ReplyDelete