Wednesday, May 4, 2011

The Perfect Excuse...

Yesterday afternoon I got a call from my sister.  She doesn't normally call in the middle of the afternoon so I was a little curious what was up.  The reason for her call was nothing short of absolutely fabulous.  My sister is an uberly talented hair stylist.  She started down this path 7 years ago and with some twists and turns in the road she was finally able to write her journeyman's exam a few weeks ago.  So the reason for her call - she had just gotten her mark back and SHE PASSED!!!  I'm so incredibly proud of her :) She has worked long and hard to get to this point and I'm excited for her!  She is now waiting for a date for her practical exam, but at least the written exam is now behind her!

As soon as I hung up the phone I knew I wanted to do something special for her.  I also knew that I wanted it to be something I could take to the salon for her and her staff to share as one of her other stylists also wrote the same exam and passed.

Last week I came across an uber cool idea for packaging cookies (I'm OK with Unconventional...) and couldn't wait for a chance to create these myself... and this was the perfect occasion to get creative!

For me, the "punch" of this idea comes from the tag... and I love how this one turned out :)


It took me a few tries to get the cookies the right size for the CD envelope, but eventually it worked lol!


Because most of the envelopes didn't "close" flat, I used some adhesive on the front and back of of the tag to help it stay on.


And the finished product!  I LOVE these!  I will most definitely be making them again :)




She loved them when I dropped them off at lunch!  Her reaction made my day :)

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness the packaging looks amazing!!! Love them! Plus I bet the cookies tasted great too! Sweet! :D

    ReplyDelete