Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Quirky... in all the right places...

In high school...
-my student work was "Minor Officials Coordinator" aka whatever home sporting event our school was hosting, I was responsible to find all the timekeepers, lines persons, scorekeepers
-I loved to plan or organize just about anything
-I made my own Christmas cards
-I lived and breathed by my day planner
-was kinda nerdy but generally ok in my own skin

In college...
-my nickname was OCD (obsessive compulsive disorder) and I laughed cause I came by it honestly :) - I'm a perfectionist what can I say :)
-I was on student council, a dorm leader and was still planning &/or organizing anything I could
-I had the only hammer in the girls down - yes it was a scrapbooking hammer, but it worked to put a nail into the wall just as good as a hammer from Home Depot {and it got plenty of use in our dorm!}
-My entire life was governed by my day planner - if anything had happened to it, we would have all been in serious trouble {and I may have had a full on melt down}
-I allowed myself to be creative when my day planner said I could
-I was still kinda nerdy...graduated with a few hard knocks, but I learned  all over again that it was ok to be just me...nothing more, nothing less

Today...
-I'm a wife: I make a valiant attempt at keeping our house and life organized, some days I'm good at that, some days I'm not...and I'm ok with that
-I still design my own Christmas cards
-I've lost the day planner: I have a few less things on the go so generally those things just stay rolling around in my head {disclaimer: I do put reminders & some appointments in my calendar app on my phone and I do keep a copy of Justin's work schedule pretty close at hand}
-I still love to plan just about anything...usually now my planning revolves around having dinner guests or having people over...I thrive on this, I really do
-I try to be creative as much as is humanly possible...some days are less creative than others, but creating has become an integral part of not just what I DO, but who I AM
-I know I'm a full on nerd but I don't make any excuses for it anymore...my friends tease and laugh at some of my frills but I can laugh right along with them knowing full well they've just paid me a huge compliment {and I have some amazingly talented & creative friends!}...I love who I am, I have far to go still, but I think the journey looks pretty amazing from the current view...

I found this on Pinterest last night...sums up a big part of what makes me {me}

No comments:

Post a Comment