Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Las Vegas: The Project

A while back I saw a great project on Cottage Modern, a blog I follow written by a very talented interior designer.  She had taken some of the ticket stubs and tokens that they had collected on a trip to New York City and created a wonderful piece of art as a means of capturing some of the memories they'd made on their trip.

I stumbled on this post again a short while before we left for Vegas and knew right away that I wanted to create something similar with all the paper "memories" from our trip :)  So as we went along, I tucked away all these little bits with the hope of creating a very fun piece that would bring back many smiles after we were home...

I chose a simple black frame with a double mat for this project.  I wanted to make sure that there was enough room for everything but also that there was enough matting to help hold down the edges of all the clippings.

There were a few things that I didn't have bits & pieces from, so I quickly flipped through our pictures and re-sized a few shots of Justin and I which also helped to fill in a bit of the open space I had left.  It also ended up being a great way to incorporate our faces into the piece as well :)

 And here is the finished product - I love the way it turned out!  I love how "random" it is, very reminiscent of Vegas lol!

I have definitely been in {project mode} since coming home: I wanted to get this created asap and I've also started working on my next quilting creation!
So when I had the final piece in place last night, I didn't waste any time in finding a home for this creation!

Viva Las Vegas!

No comments:

Post a Comment