Friday, April 29, 2011

I'm OK with Unconventional...

A cookie packaged in a CD sleeve... hmm...a rather unconventional way to use a CD sleeve, but pure genius :)

One of the websites that I check out twice a week is a blog from Jessica Sprauge, a great digital scrapbooking site, called Digi Lovely.  {side note: Every Tuesday this site posts a free template download and often they have some sort of freebie on Friday, hence the reason I popped over to this blog today!}  As I scrolled a little ways down the page I saw this:


Right away the wheels in my head started turning...the first thing that went through my nerdy mind was "I've gotta plan a party or something where I can give these out!" and then I thought, "I need a child's birthday party to plan!  This would be fabulous for something like that!"  Once those thoughts had run their course then the practical part of me said, seriously tho, how easy would this be to do?

The person who made these initially found the idea she said on Martha's site in an article all about creative packaging ideas.  I love unconventional ideas like this (leave it to Martha &/or her people to come up with this lol!) and you could make a whole variety of cookies to package this way - and for just about any event ie: birthdays, Christmas, a baby shower, Valentine's Day, Easter.... Martha's site used rectangular tags folded in half, but I like the idea of something like shown above that has some shape to it.  And it would be so easy to print cardstock labels and cut/punch/big shot/cricut cut them out or just as easy to cut the cardstock and stamp on it.  And who says you'd have to stop there?  I'm thinking the sleeve itself could look even more fun with something on it as well (all depending of course on what look you are going for).

Now I just need to figure out where to use this great idea.... :)

The idea shot from MarthaStewart.com

No comments:

Post a Comment