Monday, April 18, 2011

Year 1 In the Books!

Yesterday was a very special day for Justin & I as we celebrated our first anniversary...
We have been very blessed to have a somewhat extended anniversary celebration this year: we spent 4 days last week in Las Vegas seeing the sights and enjoying some warmer temperatures.  On our last evening we went for a wonderful supper at the Rainforest Cafe and then Justin took me to see The Lion King (I may have been like a giddy 5 year old who couldn't sit still!), a production I have wanted to see for what feels like forever!  It was a great way to begin the celebrating :)

We were also blessed to spend time with family and friends this weekend, all of whom played very key roles in our wedding...I'm so grateful that all of these people still play a significant role in our lives today...

So with Vegas having been our more "formal" anniversary celebration, we just took it easy yesterday and just enjoyed the day together.  We had brunch at my sister's, complete with "LOVE" plates and napkins to celebrate the day :) (thanks Toby & Mo!)



We've had several conversations in the past number of days reminiscing about what we were doing "at this time last year"... crazy to think a whole year has gone by already...  when I think back to our wedding day, I can only smile like a goof - I loved everything about that day, I wouldn't change anything, except maybe make it last a little longer... we've talked about the adventures we've had in this past year, and how we're looking forward to all that year #2 has to hold...

Justin, you are my best friend...the man I loved a year ago when we said "I do", the man I love even more today, and the man I look forward to loving for the rest of my life...

 


 



3 comments:

  1. Awww what a beautiful post. Congratulations on your one year! Can't wait for Jonathan and mine too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Teaka! Yours is coming quick :) It's quite something to think of all the past year has held isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Teaka Beautiful Post Amber!! I love this, and the pictures, and you're wedding definitely was wonderful! I love that you got to spend the time in Vegas too--sounds like it would have been a wonderful trip!! And I've still got that camera bag of yours to get back to you. It's just sittin in our spare room here ready for you whenever I make it up there again or you guys end up down here.
    And I gotta ask too--how do you two know each other? Wow it's a small little world :)

    ReplyDelete