Monday, April 25, 2011

No Peeking...

As I was driving home from a great weekend in Moose Jaw & Regina, my wonderful hubby texts: "What are you doing when you get home?"
I reply: "Not sure!  Might run for a bit?  Did you need something? :)"
His reply: "Yes.  There is a room in the house that is barricaded and you are not allowed to enter.  No peeking or nothing.  Plus do not look in the bathroom downstairs."

A surprise!!!  I do love surprises :)

I did go for a run with our pooch and I was a good girl - I didn't even look down the stairs...

Then Justin gets home... he's so tired.  It was a crazy weekend for him.  He worked some very different shifts than he usually does, graveyard shifts aren't usually part of his schedule but this weekend they were.  He came in the door, I got my long awaited hug and kiss and then after chatting for a few minutes he tells me to follow him.

We get to the bottom of the stairs and I see this:


By this point, I'm like a giddy 5 year old who can't stand still!  Behind this barricade is my laundry room. Now most people don't likely get that excited about a laundry room I realize - well I do! lol!  We have planned for this to be a laundry room with a good deal of shelving and space to hang clothes to dry as well as my craft space complete with a great work desk/table and a whole whack of shelving to be home to my scrapbooking, cardmaking and quilting goodies!

He tells me to open it up... and my jaw hits the floor...


When I left, the room was drywalled and almost ready to prime and here my amazing hubby had worked so hard to give me this incredible gift!  As we texted throughout the weekend I was glad that he was taking some "time for himself" aka being outside in the yard, playing ps3 and watching hockey... little did I know, he did none of that.

We have laundry shelving picked out at Home Depot that will get installed soon and the open space beside the deep freeze will be home to my work desk and as much shelving as is realistic!
 
Stay tuned for part 2 when this special room is totally complete!

Thanks babe for all the hours of hard work you put in this weekend... you sacrificed so much to create this space for me...every time I walk into this room I will smile and think of you...you are truly amazing <3

2 comments:

  1. awwwww how incredibly sweet!!!
    I love it! It is a great gift for a husband to give a wife a space of her own for "me" time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww how sweet! It looks so lovely for a laundry room! :D

    ReplyDelete