Thursday, April 7, 2011

Mellow and Gray...

Ever have one of those days when the world just feels mellow?  This afternoon I'm feeling  very mellow... I think the gray skies I see looking out my office window could have a part in this...and days like these often make me kinda reflective (seems to be a bit of a theme this week...)

I was very blessed to be able to have lunch today with an incredible couple, I am so blessed to be able to call them my friends.  This afternoon my mind drifts back to the season of my life when I met Donna and her husband Wayne...

I was living in Moose Jaw and working at our church.  I had heard so much about them from our pastor and even though I knew who she was, I hadn't "formally" met her and from what I'd heard, I already knew she was super cool :)  Our pastor ended up suggesting that I approach her to be part of our planning committee for a large-scale city wide family fun day our church hosted each summer.  I admit, I was a little nervous for our first meeting.  I'd heard so many uber cool things about Donna and I wasn't sure if I was going to be "cool enough" (yes I know that sounds completely and totally retarded but I might as well be honest lol!).  God quickly replaced those silly feelings with an incredible friendship...I discovered for myself how uber cool she truly is and that she's totally anal about details just like me!  She quickly became my partner in design crime (hee hee!) around the church and we made so many incredible memories together.  But beyond all the fun we have dreaming and chatting about design and event planning, is a friendship that means more than words can say...She is an incredible woman of God, an amazing wife and mother, and someone I truly admire & respect.  And when I "grow up" I'd like to be a lot like her...

No comments:

Post a Comment